Directions: Select The
Correct Answer. When Completed, Click On The Submit Button At The Bottom Of
1. What is a Lutheran?
2. Before the Reformation, who did the confirming?
3. Before the Reformation, confirmation was understood as
4. In who examines the confirmand to see if she or he is
to be confirmed?
5. The most important reason to be confirmed is...
6. In the early Church is was customary for entire
households to be
7. Confirmation is a "sacrament" because it is so very
8. Luther's Small Catechism has FIVE main parts. He did
make it easy to remember--one main part for each finger.
9. Today, God talks directly to many people in addition to
10. God sometimes used dreams and visions to give the
the prophets and apostles.
11. The Old Testament has 27 books while the New Testament
12. When used with the Bible, the word "canonical" means
book is part of the Holy Scriptures.
13. In the Old Testament, God is a God of wrath. In the
Testament, God is a God of love.
14. A "catechism" is a book of questions and answers.
15. Lutherans are the only church which has a catechism.
16. Luther wrote the Small Catechism because even the
of his day didn't know even the basic teachings of Christianity.
17. The two main teachings of the Bible are Moses and
18. The Law "Shows Our Savior."
19. The Gospel "Shows Our Salvation."
20. God used apostles, prophets and epistles to write His